Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Uncle Sam Goddamn

To offset my recent postings of Barbara Streisand and children's christmas specials, I figured I should bust out some "manlier" beats, if you will.

Thanks to a new-ish Chambana arts and entertainment website that I'm quite fond of, Smile Politely, I've discovered a new holmes to add to my list of kickass white boy rappers. How I love white boy rappers.

I introduce you now to Brother Ali, a "six foot tall, legally blind albino Muslim" from Minneapolis. Dude can flow! And he raps about politics and world events and race and America as the evil empire! Hot damn!

Below: Brother Ali - "Uncle Sam Goddamn" [official music video]


Here's a great bluesy-funky tune that I will be offended if you don't like:

Brother Ali
- "Take Me Home" [MP3 (in new window)]

And an interesting interview with the man himself.

Official Band Site | Buy the Album
MySpace

No comments: